Friday, October 19, 2007

Weight Loss and Stuff....

This week has been really good in so many aspects. I have been encouraged more ways than I can count.. and its awesome. Let me break it down for you.

Encouragement One: Lifestyle Change.


  • So I started my lifestyle change this week right? Okay. So, for the first week it wasn't so bad. I changed how I ate, worked out, and it was great. It wasn't the most perfect crossover week, with a new change and all, but I felt more conscious about all of my behaviors. I felt good when I worked out, I had lots of energy. I felt satisfied with the food I had. It wasn't too incredibly hard for me to eat breakfast every morning. It was the first week.. just the beginning, some say people the beginning is the hardest. I don't have a fancy "body bug" like my friend Tiffany, and I didn't go to a nutritionist to find my body fat break down, etc.... but (drum roll).. with my first week attempt, I lost 5lbs. I'm encouraged.. and excited. Just wanted to share the news with all my friends along for the ride.
Encouragement Two: Trip to Monmouth.

  • So, I had two days off, and on a whim I got to go to Monmouth to visit some old friends. Some, I haven't seen in several weeks, some, several months. It was great, I drove to M-town, just in time to make a cameo at the Campus Crusade weekly meeting. The leaders were all linked up for prayer, and when they opened up, there I was. Smiling and gleaming, mostly from my own excitement. I heard a good talk on dating.. hung out with the sophomore girls, made a surprise visit to my friend Karin's slash Greg and Lauren's for some Mario Kart, saw my friend Kristen and her beautiful little girl Maddy, spent a day with Michelle Mckinney, had dinner with the whole fam, saw my Randi Jo, went to watch my friend Laura Mackie coach Lebanon soccer at Dallas (Lebanon one 3-2), had dinner with Mackie and one of my favorites Megumi, participated in some discipleship activities for old time sake, and then this morning made a quick stop in Lebanon to visit my friend Jessica, and her beautiful new baby girl Ruby. Gosh. I'm tired.. but it was worth it!
Now. Its back to the grindstone. Waiting to hear from Costco, filling out some other applications online today too.. just for fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice one Mac...you're doing it!!

Anonymous said...

Boooyah! You go girl!

The Guy and The Girl said...

Dang I totally would have met you in Leb... you shoulda called me dude. Congrats on your 5lbs!! You're awesome.