Monday, September 3, 2007

The beginning of something new...

Hello everyone.

I have been wanting to start one of these blog-spots for quite some time. I wanted a way to keep my family and friends updated with what is going on in my life, and well with technology like it is, here we go. I hope those of you that do decide to read it from time to time will enjoy it, and in an age where we grow more and more independent, my hope is it will keep you in my life and close to your heart.

My life is currently at a crossroads. Sure, I have found myself at one of these pivotal times many times before, but like almost every other time, the decisions that are ahead of me seem to be monumental. For the last four years, I have dreamed of going back to Chicago, a city I know and love, to live, serve, and share the love of Christ with the inner-city. Here I stand, two days after the original departure date with 40% of my needed support. At a time like this, it really makes a person question whether or not they heard the voice of God correctly. So, after a night of pouring my heart out to the Lord, I am at a stand-still, waiting to hear His voice, hoping it would be loud and clear, but willing to settle for the soft whisper of assurance.

About a year and a half ago, a wonderful friend came in to my life. His name is Raymond. He lives in Belgium, a native of Cameroon, Africa. He has a heart of gold, one that loves, seeks, and shares the love of Jesus Christ. His friendship has been the most surprising thing I have ever experienced. Living thousands upon thousands of miles apart has really begun to be a battle for me, but with the help of God, and a patient, enduring partner, we wait. We wait on the Lord, that in His time, He will bring us together, in the same place, to experience the things of life together. Together we are hoping for Christmas.

So the future is there... and a bit unclear. But, I am learning to know and trust that God is sovereign and He does have a plan. I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know what forever holds, and I know that God is good and that His love endures forever.

I am reading a great book called "Red Moon Rising," its teaching me all about the power and importance of prayer. Great, great book. I'm hoping as you are a part of my life, and as you may read this, you may learn how you can more specifically pray for me.

Thank you for journeying with me.. for being a part of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should just go...