Friday, November 30, 2007

We got our first Win!

Hey Everyone.

I just thought I would actively keep you updated on our record for the season.
The McKenzie Varsity girls got their first victory last night, and it was a league game at Alsea!
Alsea was supposed to be favored over us, (its supposed to go Lowell, Crow, Alsea, McKenzie) but we pulled out the W. We were down 9 at the half and came back and won by 3. The calls
were horrible the first half, I thought my center Katie was going to have a broken back after the
number of times she had an over the back foul (with out a call).

So, we are off to a 5 hour roadtrip tomorrow to play a non-league game in Powers.
Then we have a game at Oakridge Tuesday, and one at home on Thursday, then its off to
South Wasco (its somewhere really far away along the columbia gorge) for a two-day tourney!

Hope you guys can make it to a game sometime.
I love this coaching job, i forgot how much drama there can be in girls athletics, but I am still
having the time of my life!

4 comments:

cjvandenbos said...

Good job coach mac! sorry i missed your call i was doing coaching stuff....boring! is that your new cell number?

Unknown said...

GO ALSEA!!!..sorry...but it's my home town.

Michaela said...

I forgot you were from Alsea Rubes.
Yeah.. i forgot how much I hate that bus ride.. so windy.. I thought I was gonna get sick!

The Guy and The Girl said...

Qual face lets hang out... hey are you going to winter conference this year? where is it anyway?