Thursday, May 22, 2008

If I ruled the world...



So.. last week was really cool. I don't know if any of you knew this but the big New York Rapper NAS was in the Northwest. He was in Eugene Wednesday, Portland on Thursday and Seattle on Friday. I really wanted to go to his concert.. but admit I didn't know much of his new stuff.. only the old school days of .."If I ruled the world." So, I didn't want to pay $30 for the ticket. But, Wednesday afternoon I was on my way home from work when they announced on the radio (and yes, I listen to the radio in my hooptie ride.. not an iPod, or even a CD player) that they were giving away NAS tickets. So, I called in only to my dismay I did not win. The DJ told me they would be giving away their last set of tickets within the hour, so I should stay close to the radio. I did just that, cranked 94.9 Jamz in my house while doing some cleaning... I heard the announcement to call back in and be caller 21. I did. Caller 9, busy, busy, busy, busy, caller 16, busy, busy, CALLER 21! The call sounded something like this.

DJ: 94.9 Jamz
Mac: You better tell me I'm caller 21.
DJ: You're caller 21.
Mac: SHUT UP! SHUT UP!
DJ: Woah girl, you don't gotta tell me to shut up, I'm giving you some NAS tickets.
Mac: My bad, I just didn't think I would win..

Hillarious.. and awesome.. who really wins crap off the radio? The show was amazing! I'm glad I won!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY....how fun Mac!!!!!